Youth Hacking 4 Freedom: Coding Competition for teenagers about to start

A nice opportunity for young software freedom hacktivists:

The Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) is a charity that empowers users to control technology. To inspire the younger generation to software freedom, the FSFE is organising the coding competition ‘Youth Hacking 4 Freedom’ (YH4F), where teenagers from all around Europe have the chance to compete in a fair and fun way. The winners receive a cash prize and a trip to Brussels with other young hackers.

• Participants must be 14-18 years old and should register at yh4f.org
  • The opening event will be hosted on 10 October 2021.
  • Registration will be open until 31 October 2021 .
  • Six winners will be awarded cash prizes (2 x 4.096€, 2 x 2.048€, 2 x 1.024€) and a trip to Brussels.
  • The competition will take place online. The Award Ceremony will be in Brussels.

All the details can be found here: Youth Hacking 4 Freedom: Coding Competition for teenagers about to start - FSFE

R.S

2 Likes

If some participant needs any guidance or mentoring, I’d be happy to help.

1 Like

Superb! I would propose to contact FSFE directly Dashamir

R.S

I noticed that the rules of the competition allow and encourage participants to get help from others. So, I am ready to help any friends of our community, if possible.

However I don’t think that FSFE would like to coordinate this kind of mentoring.

Personally I don’t have any indication for this, but it you have that I’d propose to skip contacting them.

R.S