Sharing our recent opening for a Junior Backend Developer at Ura Design here.
Original posting: https://ura.design/jobs/junior-backend-developer-remote/
Do you love the sense of accomplishment in launching a new product? Are you a motivated individual who works well independently as well as on a team? Then hit us up!
About Ura Design
Ura is a small agency specialized in Open Source Design, working with and for open source projects to improve their Usability and Design. We are specialized on Visual Identity, Brand Strategy and generally UX Design catered to Open Source workflows (having both worked with Grassroots and Enterprise projects). In the past we have helped Mozilla, The Tor Project, The Linux Foundation, FSFE among many others.
Ura is looking for a Backend Developer working primarily with Laravel to develop and maintain Identihub, our self-hosted brand and asset management open source software licensed under the AGPL. Identihub makes hosting and reusing your project’s visual assets easy by automating image conversions and offering advanced features for handling SVG files, colors, fonts and images. You can find more about it at: http://identihub.co
Essential Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Assist with debugging / development of bug fixes – day-to-day maintenance
- Development of new features
- Function as “project owner” for Identihub, managing initial requirements, feature requests
- Work in an open source environment (Mattermost, Etherpad, GitHub)
- Excellent written and verbal English skils
- 1+ years experience working with Laravel and PHP
- Basic Linux admin (ability to SSH, view logs, etc)
- Understanding of local development environments and integration of varying components.
- Excellent written and verbal Albanian skills
- Experience with React
Payment is done on an hourly basis. Based on your skills and experience we can discuss payment terms.
Send us an email at email@example.com with your expectations, past work experience and resume.