Security Meetup

Përshëndetje OpenLabs!

I hope you all are doing well. In a few weeks I will be traveling to Prishtina and am planning on visiting Tirana for 1-2 days to see all of you :slight_smile:

Would anybody be interested in having a security meetup at OpenLabs on the evening of Tuesday, 26 April?

I can give a presentation on an open source tool used in the security industry like CyberChef (GitHub - gchq/CyberChef: The Cyber Swiss Army Knife - a web app for encryption, encoding, compression and data analysis) for decoding common malware or YARA (GitHub - VirusTotal/yara: The pattern matching swiss knife) for classifying malware by pattern matching. But I’d love to learn from others who have a topic they would like to share or demo or just have a casual conversation about.

Either way I look forward to seeing you all in just a few weeks! Shihemi!

-Daniel

9 Likes

Hello Daniel , let me introduce my self, actually im working as Windows SysAdmin and im looking forward to Cyber Security in Defense Team (Blue Team) and as beginner to Cyber Security would be great to hear about tools like that.
Note: I now that Open Labs operate in Linux but i cant find another chance like this. :grimacing:
See you in Tirana.

1 Like

Thanks for organizing and hosting this @daniel ! Count me in!
Looking forward meeting you again soon.
@endrixh7 I don’t think this is a blocker to participate. Hopefully you will switch to the good side soon :wink:

R.S

2 Likes

Exactly , i was researching and the most interesting part was that i have to learn Red Team first and soon i will switch the side. Servers needs Linux powerful user. :partying_face: Ubuntu & Red Hat are waiting for me !

2 Likes

Haha, nice to meet you @endrixh7! A lot of great security practitioners have a background in sysadmin so I think you’re in good company. I look forward to meeting you in 3 weeks!

Same to you too, @rskikuli! It’s been a while since we last hung out :wink:

What are the next steps for this meetup? Meetup name, meetup description and meetup time on Tuesday, 26 April? Also, is there an OpenLabs member that I should work with as the sponsor/promoter of the event?

Faleminderit!

1 Like

Hello everyone
Happy to see u back in on-site events
Thnx @daniel for making this event possible again.
Mire se na vjen!

1 Like

Hello Daniel
We’ll be happy to facilitate you with the Hackerspace and every tool you need for the presentation.

1 Like

That’s great to hear! Shumë faleminderit, @SoniaB :slight_smile:

Let me finalize the topics and then get back to you to work on scheduling and promoting the event. I’m looking forward to once again hanging out with everyone at Open Labs :heart:

5 Likes

Likewise :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

R.S

Hey @daniel did you finalize the topics? Asking just to know wherethe focus will be. CU tomorrow (Tuesday).

R.S

Yes @rskikuli - I forgot to post them (thanks for reminding me).

Here are the topics for the meetup:

• “How2CTF - An Intro to Capture the Flag” -Klesti Fetiu
  • “How to use Open Source Intelligence” -Anxhela Berberi
  • “How We Started Whitehat.al” -Orgest Likaj & Elena Cibuku
  • “Getting Started in Cyber Security” -Orgest Likaj & Elena Cibuku
  • “Basic Open Source Malware Analysis w/CyberChef” -Daniel Bohannon

Also here is the wiki entry for the event: Cyber Security Meetup 2022 - Open Labs Hackerspace

Thank you @SoniaB for helping organize and promote the event!

Looking forward to seeing both of you at the at the meetup!

4 Likes

Thanks Daniel. Looking forward for the presentations and meeting you again.

R.S

Photos from the event: https://twitter.com/OpenLabsAlbania/status/1519313250520899584/photo/2

R.S