OSCAL 2019 Organizing Team

(Nafie Shehu) #1

Hello everyone,

I am posting here to announce that we are starting the selection of the organizing team for OSCAL 2019. Woot!

During the last members’ meeting, we decided that the organizing team should consist of 12 people. Considering the positive feedback from last OSCAL editions, applications are open to everyone, regardless of their membership status to Open Labs or contributions to open source community with the condition that non Open Labs members must sign an NDA (Non-disclosure agreement). Also remote members can join and help on specific tasks.

Considering that young people who have no experience with organizing events like OSCAL might need some time to understand how the conference is organized and they will also need some help from the people who have been part of the organizing team before, we decided that the balance between new organizers and more experienced ones will be as below:

60% - People who have been part of the organizing team in the past editions (which means 7 people)

40% - People who have not been part of the organizing team before (5 people)

Everyone who is interested in becoming part of the OSCAL 2019 team can post on this thread. Please also include the reason why you want to be part of the team.

The application deadline is 05.07.2018.

On behalf of the Open Labs’ members,
Nafie

(Silva Arapi) #2

Hello,

Thanks @nshehu for sharing the news and all the info regarding the next edition of OSCAL. I would like to express my interest on joining the organizing team. I’ve been a co-organizer of OSCAL for the last 3 editions, and I have been really happy to work on organizing each one of this editions.

Why I wanna join?
To me, OSCAL is the most important event that we, as a community, organize, but also one of the most important events in the country, which has a big local impact, helps us a lot to promote the open source philosophy, share knowledge and raise awareness on issues related to the digital space. I want to see the conference getting bigger and also want to help to make this possible.

Looking forward to another great edition.

Silva

(Nafie Shehu) #3

Hello again :smiley:

I’m also writing to express my interest in joining the organizing team of OSCAL 2019. The reason why I would like to join is because, as Silva also mentioned, this is the most important event that we organize which reflects our daily work and efforts at the hackerspace, to spread the word about free software. OSCAL is the event which brings us all together, the local contributors and also friends from the other countries, who have been supporting us in one way or another.

We always hear great words after the conference and it feels nice that you worked on an event which people enjoyed a lot and are so happy to be part at. I’ve also gained a lot of skills and had a lot of fun as well, so why not, let’s keep doing this all together!!

Nafie Shehu

(evavranici) #4

Hi girls and all the others,
I would like to express my interest in being part of the organizing team for the next year as well. Mostly motivated by wanting to continue my contributions to Open Labs and finding OSCAL an event of great significance that I’d be glad to help with such a contribution.
Looking forwarding to hearing about OSCAL!

(Augest) #5

Thank you @nshehu!

I’m also interested in being part of the organizing team for OSCAL 2019. The reason why I would like to join it, is because, OSCAL is one of the most important conferences in the region , wich promotes the open source technologies.

I’m looking forwarding to see another wonderful event!

Augesti

(Lisjada) #6

Hello everyone,

I would also like to join the organizing team of OSCAL 2019. I have been a volunteer in two other editions of OSCAL, I really like the conference and I have learned a lot about open source (despite being a pharmacist :smiley: ). Since this year you are also accepting non members, I though of joining as an organizer.

Lisa

(Sidorela Uku) #7

Hello everyone,

I would like to join again with the organizing team this year. I would love to have again the conference here and for that I would like to give my contribution to organize it.

Thanks,
Sidorela

(Marinela ) #8

Hey, I would also like to join the team this year :slightly_smiling_face:

(Izabela Bakollari) #9

I would also like to be part of the organising team.

Sorry for the delay :slight_smile:

(Nafie Shehu) #10

Hello,

Thank you to everyone for your interest in becoming part of OSCAL 2019 team. Since the last chance to apply for the organizer team was last night and the people who has expressed their interest are less than 12 people then automatically part of the organizing team are:

1- Silva Arapi
2- Eva Vranici
3- Augest Dalliu
4- Lisjada Dushi
5- Sidorela Uku
6- Marinela Gogo
7- Nafie Shehu

Since we have also @IzabelaBakollari who has express her interest in becoming part of the organizing team but it was after the deadline we will talk about this and will come up with a decision, let us know if you think that this should be discussed at the members meeting.

@infra please can we have the category OSCAL 2019 on the forum?

See you all at #OSCAL2019 :wink:

Thank you,
Nafie

(Redon Skikuli) #11

Thank you Nafie for coordination this. Regarding Izabela I’d propose to talk about this in the members meeting.

R.S