On Critical Engineering

Hello people of OpenLabs :slight_smile: I met some of you and visited your space during OSCAL 2017. I mentioned to @elioqoshi about a movement i’m a part of called Critical Engineering and he seemed interested in learning more. The first (of the ten points) in in the CE manifesto is:

O. The Critical Engineer considers Engineering to be the most
transformative language of our time, shaping the way we move,
communicate and think. It is the work of the Critical Engineer to study
and exploit this language, exposing its influence.

You can read more at criticalengineering.org. I’ve found Critical Engineering to be an inspiring and unique angle to view and learn about technology from so I wanted to share it with you all.

If anyone is up for doing an Albanian translation that would be awesome :smiley:

4 Likes

Hey @bnvk thanks for posting!

As I said, I support the efforts and as talked with you personally in Berlin, it would be great to have some workshop series on command line on Linux for example.

@silva.arapi @anxhelo @melisa.sulko and others. You up for translating it this month?

1 Like

Hello @bnvk,
Thank you for sharing this, sounds really interesting and I’m also very curious to learn more about this. That command line workshop @elioqoshi proposed sounds awesome :smiley:
I already translated the content on criticalengineering.org into Albanian, just let me know how can I add it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hiya @silva.arapi :smile: that is awesome that you did that so quickly. Please email me your translated copy to: hi@brennannovak.com and I’ll get it added to the site! I’m glad Critical Engineering and the workshop idea sounds interesting to you too.

I will check in with the others about possible times of doing workshop in the coming few months and report back here!

2 Likes

Hey @bnvk :smile: Just emailed it to you.

Awesome, looking forward to it. :slight_smile: