Links shared in Prizren hackathon

Here are some links I’ve shared at the Prizren hackathon:

• Open Labs forum - welcome developers from Kosovo on the forum
  • Agenda du Libre is a calendar site that started in France but is now expanding to other countries. There are many events listed. @kominoshja could you help get a Balkan version up and running?
  • DebConf announce is the list people need to be on to find out when DebConf bursaries are announced each year
  • Debian User Group for Kosovo list - as there is no forum for Kosovo, people can use this list hosted by Debian to advertise things at the hackerspace or ask questions
  • Albanian translation project for anybody who is keen to help translate Debian into Albanian
  • debian-outreach for questions about Google Summer of Code and Outreachy internships
  • debian-women where there are announcements about opportunities for female developers
  • Planet Debian is now syndicating blogs from developers in Albania and Kosovo - welcome aboard
1 Like

Thanks for the links Daniel.

Regarding the calendar site, looks really interesting, but I do think that @kominoshja needs to dedicate some time into other projects in the next weeks since we are a bit behind on Mozilla stuff.

1 Like

thanks for the fast reply @elioqoshi - maybe you would not need to host a copy of the calendar, you could just ask them to add Albania and Kosovo to the list of countries in their site and give you access to edit. People in the Open Labs team already make a lot of effort to create events and this would be a great way to promote the next OSCAL.

Well, I personally have taken way too many responsibilities on, and I think some others might feel similar. So if anyone wants to take it on, they’re free to do it (just to let us know here)

@elioqoshi I sent a request to the contact address on the Agenda du Libre web site with the board on CC.

If you have a checklist for organizing OSCAL and other events, maybe you can add this to it, so they get added to the calendar when the dates are set.

Do you also keep a list of pending things for volunteers looking for something to help with? Maybe tracking things in one of these calendars could go on that list.

1 Like

Thank you @pocock for sharing the links. Please find below my comments for each link:

• Open Labs forum - welcome developers from Kosovo on the forum (thank you, appreciated)
  • Agenda du Libre7 is a calendar site that started in France but is now expanding to other countries. There are many events listed. Boris could you help get a Balkan version up and running? (I’m adding this as a topic on the next OSCAL organizing team meeting - adding OSCAL there could be a good start)
  • DebConf announce3 is the list people need to be on to find out when DebConf bursaries are announced each year (very useful, adding this on our wiki once we have a dedicated page for Debian there, which will be in the next days)
  • Debian User Group for Kosovo - as there is no forum for Kosovo, people can use this list hosted by Debian to advertise things at the hackerspace or ask questions (would be great, as long as the Debian community there grows).
  • Albanian translation project for anybody who is keen to help translate Debian into Albanian (we did our first steps at FOSScamp and will definitely follow. Collaboration with the Kosovo team is much needed since we speak the same language)
  • debian-outreach for questions about Google Summer of Code and Outreachy internships (thank you for sharing)
  • debian-women where there are announcements about opportunities for female developers (will share this in our next Debian meetup)
  • Planet Debian is now syndicating blogs from developers in Albania and Kosovo - welcome aboard (will add my blog as well in the next days)

Once again thank you for your efforts with our community,

R.S