LibreOffice 2019

@evavranici, no worries. It was on very short notice anyway.

Looking forward for meeting @IzabelaBakollari and @anxhelo in Munich!

Best, Bjoern

1 Like

Hi everyone, I am not a member of Open Labs but a regular attendant of their events. I am actually employed in a company but I would like to contribute in C++ in LibreOffice in my free time. If this is possible please tell me.
Thank you.

All the best,
Alba

4 Likes

Alba welcome onboard :slight_smile: I wanted to clarify that it is not mandatory to be an Open Labs member to contribute in any free open source project.

R.S

1 Like

Ok, thanks a lot Redon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey everyone,
I have some experience with C++ and not only. I can help also :grinning:

3 Likes

As this just came up elsewhere: due to the recent spam waves in freenode IRC your nick has to be registered and identified with the NickServ service, see https://freenode.net/kb/answer/registration for how.

If you want to join via a [m]atrix client (IRC bridged room) instead of a dedicated IRC client then please see https://github.com/matrix-org/matrix-appservice-irc/wiki/End-user-FAQ and look for err_needreggednick and the following How do I register/identify to NickServ? section.

2 Likes

Hi all,

so I hope this is not too short a notice, but maybe we can follow up on the topic we had in the last call: The suggested time for that is tomorrow Tuesday 20:00 CET (Tirana/Berlin time) again at:

I hope some of you will be able to make that: I have discussed with some LibreOffice community members and with Izabela and Anxhelo at the Hackfest in Munich and hope we have some good starting points. Again sorry for the short notice, we selected the date quite ad-hoc in Munich hoping for the best.

Note this call will be mostly about organizational things (like Hackfests, other Events). But I hope we can then move on to more direct LibreOffice contribution topics once this is done. :wink:

Best,

Bjoern

1 Like

Hi Bjoern,

I can confirm will join the call and hope it is possible for others too.
Best,
Izabela

Joining as well.

R.S

Thank you for organizing the call today @Sweetshark and for continuing to support our local community. Izabela and myself will share the topics of our discussion in the meetings we have at our community. More specifically we will inform about:

• LibreOffice hackfest idea in the first or second week of March 2019
  • LibreOffice presence at OSCAL 2019
  • bi-weekly tech calls between LibreOffice devs and local LibreOffice contributors that want to get involved at a technical side of LibreOffice

In addition, @IzabelaBakollari and @anxhelo will share their experience in Hamburg with the local community in the next days.

R.S

2 Likes

Hi Redon, all,

More specifically we will inform about: […]

thanks for sharing these ideas and keeping the inertia in Tirana!

In addition, @IzabelaBakollari and @anxhelo will share their experience in Hamburg with the local community in the next days.

Great! If you post something where we can link to it, I’d be happy to give it more visibility: I likely will write a report on the Hackfest myself on my blog (which also is also aggregated on planet.documentfoundation.org) and could link that in. Doesnt have to be a blogpost, even e.g. a forum entry here should be fine!

Best,

Bjoern

1 Like

Hoping I’m not too late, I, as well, confirm to dedicate some time to learning C++ and then contributing in the core code of LibreOffice.

4 Likes

Hello,

I am looking forward to this opportunity and I confirm to participate in learning C++ and contributing in the core code of LibreOffice.

5 Likes

It’s so great to see the local LibreOffice community grow even more. @Anisa_G & @Xhoana.B we are having the LibreOffice Month in November and I think that will be a good opportunity for both of you to get started. :smiley:

5 Likes

Hello,
I also want to get involved in the LibreOffice community so I confirm my participation on this project :grin: !

6 Likes

For everyone who wants to join, we will have a meeting at Open Labs on 7th of November, this Wednesday at 17:30 pm. For people who will join later, I will repeat the presentation to make sure no one misses anything.

@evavranici @Anja13 @klevisi @albamerdani @Anisa_G @Xhoana.B

Please bring your laptop :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a back pain and my laptop is very big and heavy (it’s a gaming laptop), is it possible to use one of the laptops that are at OpenLabs for the time I am there and resume the work on my laptop when I’m home?

3 Likes

No problem. It is just easier for people to have their laptops so they can finish what they start when get back home.

2 Likes

@Sweetshark, here is a report about the Hackfest in Munich.

2 Likes

@Sweetshark, here is a report about the Hackfest in Munich.

Awesome, I will link to it when writing my blog about it.

Best, Bjoern