FOSSCOMM 2017 Athens, Greece

FOSSCOMM (Free and Open Source Software Communities Meeting) is a Greek conference aiming at free-software and open-source enthusiasts, developers, and communities. It has been hosted in various cities around Greece and its goal is to promote the use of FOSS in Greece and to bring FOSS enthusiasts together.
This year the event will take place in Athens 4 & 5 November 2017. There is a call forapplication open here: https://www.fosscomm.hua.gr/speakers-reg/ (it’s in Greek, but you get the idea I guess).
I applied and hopefully will get approved to talk there.

R.S

1 Like

Will also apply and be there, hopefully. We are preparing a 5-6+ people team from fossaegean.

To be honest, I’m a bit unsatisfied with latest FOSSCOMMs. Attendance had been quite low (~200 ppl. compared to ~500 ppl. 5 years ago) and organizers had put much less effort. The majority of the presentations is also in Greek. However, FOSSCOMM still remains the biggest free and open-source software related conference in Greece and attracts both experienced and younger contributors as well as Greek companies who develop and use open technologies.

If people from OL will be attending, we could plan a visit to hackserpace.gr and also make a tour around Athens. :slight_smile:

1 Like