Easy GnuPG

Would you be interested on a workshop about GPG? Actually I will present Easy GnuPG, which is a wrapper script that tries to simplify the process of using GnuPG. In order to simplify things, it is opinionated about the “right” way to use GnuPG.

4 Likes

I’d be definitely interested in mail encryption. Specifically in using Enigmail with Thunderbird and storing the private key on a Yubikey and backing it up. Maybe a too specific use case but if that would be something we can talk about, that would be great.

Also, not sure of the relevance of covering PGP or GPG specifically? Could we maybe frame it as a generic OpenPGP workshop?

1 Like

There is a broad range of topics about encryption etc. Some of them have been discussed many times in the past as well (for example enigmail+thunderbird).

However the workshop that I have in mind is mostly about managing GPG keys from commandline. More specifically I will present a set of shell scripts that I have developed in order to make the GPG key management more easy: https://github.com/dashohoxha/egpg

We will also give them a try if the participants have a computer.

1 Like

@anisakuci thanks for scheduling the Linux Commands event.
Can you schedule this one as well, for Saturday 27, at 12:00-13:00 (after the Linux training)?

1 Like