With the heat wave coming to Albania, the risk for forest-fires increases immensely.
Let’s make some mapping with previous fires and risks.
This should be a priority before August I think - still we might need some help from experts. Let me know what you think.
Sharing with the OSM user group.
Maybe these data might help.
From internal discussion:
get-baseline (mapping task)
- create a map of forests, with types of trees
- find history of fire in most areas
human-risk (mapping task)
- get housing close to them
- do mapping for the closest houses
provide support for intervention (analytics)
- routes for people to be rescued
- routes for services close to risky sites
- potentially closed rotues
Relevant links will be added to this pad for notes:
We will soon get a mapping session started related to this.
Probably next week.
We can use the following:
For the routing, probably will work with OpenRouteService.