The GNOME Foundation would like to invite bids for hosting GUADEC 2020.
GUADEC is the biggest gathering of GNOME users and developers, which takes place every year, and you could make it happen next year!
If you are interested in submitting a bid to host GUADEC 2020 in your city, please send an intention to bid by end of the day on Friday, August 16th. Bids will be due on September 13th, and you can talk to the Foundation Board and previous GUADEC organizers to find out more about what is involved.
Your bid should demonstrate that:
- The location is easily accessible by plane or train
- You have a motivated local team with a few core members, preferably with experience in event organization
- A good venue is available to host the event
- There are affordable accommodations and places to eat
- There is local industry and government support
- Intention to bid: 16th August 2019
- Bid submission: 13th September 2019
Intentions to bid and bid submissions should be made by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Both intentions and bids should also be added to: https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2020/Bids
Bids from previous years are available for reference. While organizing a conference such as GUADEC is a huge undertaking, people from the GNOME community have been there before you and will be there to help.
You can find more information at: https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/HowTo, including an overview of the sorts of things you should include in the proposal.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Foundation board at firstname.lastname@example.org.