Are you working on a project that benefits the Internet but you need financial support to make it a reality? Then this call is for you.
RIPE NCC (the Regional Internet Registry for Europe, the Middle East and parts of Central Asia) has opened a call for applications to support projects of value to the operation and resilience of the Internet, with a focus on tools and services benefitting the technical community in the RIPE NCC service region.
RIPE NCC will provide EUR 250,000 per year to support new or existing projects that need some financial support to start or keep them going.
You will need to describe the project, provide the amount of funding you’ll need and how it will be spent, and give a detailed explanation of how your project benefits the Internet.
• A project can be funded more than once
• There is no minimum amount of funding that must be disbursed each year
• There is no limit on the number of projects that can be funded per year
• Funding may be used to purchase equipment, but this cannot be the sole expenditure
• Funding cannot be used for humanitarian aid, donations, or to encourage political reform
• Funding cannot be used to provide scholarships or cover tuition fees
• Funding cannot be used to support any form of commercial activity
The call for applications is open until 1 September 2019
Learn more about the criteria here: https://www.ripe.net/support/cpf/ripe-ncc-community-projects-fund
Learn more about projects funded in the past (but don’t let it limit you):
Learn more about what RIPE NCC does in their website: https://www.ripe.net/