Anyone interested in learning Web Apps Development?

Hello Everyone.

First of all i am very happy you guys exist and are contributing to the improvement and expansion of Albania’s Open Source Community.

I would be more than happy to volunteer and offer my time for free to people interested in learning
Front-End technologies: Javascript (React, Angular, Polymer), CSS (SASS or LESS), HTML.
Backend: Python, PHP
TDD (Test Driven Development) and other Software best practices.

Currently i lead a team of 6 engineers in London (Building Scalable/Modern Web Apps), i am relatively busy at what i do, but i would be more than happy to make time to help Albanians interested in learning the above technologies.

Sincerely
Redian

3 Likes

Hey Redian,

Thanks for expressing your interest to get involved! We are a relatively young community technical wise and I suspect there is a lot of demand for technical know-how. We had PHP Albania meetups in the past and had some small support from the Python Foundation a few years ago, so wherever there is a community behind it, I have the feeling that our values align more.

When were you thinking to organize something? August is a summer break for us and we are organizing FOSSCamp in Syros, Greece beginning of September so many of us won’t be at the hackerspaces until September. Let’s chat anyway if you like. We are on Telegram @open.labs and IRC Freenode #openlabsalbania if you want to get to know others and discuss. Here works as well of course.

Sounds Great.

Will come and meet you guys and figure out if i can be of any help to your cause.

Thanks again Elio for being so kind and caring about your community.

See you soon.
Redian

1 Like

One practical application of web app development for Open Labs to consider is making WebRTC plugins

I’ve already started a topic about that - creating a plugin like that for Discourse would allow people to make WebRTC calls through this forum without needing any proprietary software like Skype.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @pocock this could be something we can look at.
I would need to do some research on the subject and see how big of a work it could be and see if we can use it as a learning process for people who would like to get into web apps development.

R

1 Like

Hey Redian,
This is a great news to many of us. I’m very interested in this opportunity :). Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Best

1 Like

Hello @redian

I am also very interested in what you have proposed. I am looking forward to it.

Hope to hear soon

1 Like

Hey Redian,

As discussed yesterday at the hackerspace, it would be cool to organize an intensive training workshop sometime this year. Let me know what you’d like to do and we can help facilitate the event schedule, outreach and documentation.

@redian I created a step-by-step guide for integration with frameworks like Drupal, Wordpress, etc. In fact, plugins for those frameworks are already available and provide good examples to study - see DruCall and WPCall

Trying to replicate those plugins for other CMS systems could be a very practical exercise that is also not very big or time consuming.

Hello Everyone.

Thanks for having me at the Hackerspace yesterday, i really enjoyed our chat.
As per our yesterdays discussion i will prepare a draft plan on how are we going to organise the programming workshops. Once i have the plans and the materials ready will share it with all of you and we can discuss the implementation details.

Looking forward to helping more young Albanians to get into Programming.
I am very excited about this and i hope together we will make this possible and help as many as possible.

Once again it was a real pleasure meeting some of you in person.

Sincerely
Redian

2 Likes

I think that would be a good idea @pocock, maybe a bit too advanced for a start considering we would have to start from zero, regarding say Javascript programming.

Thanks for your suggestions and will definitely keep that in mind.

Cheers
R