34c3 | 34th Chaos Communication Congress - 27-30 December 2017 in Leipzig, Germany

Hey folks,

(writing this in English in case any non Albanian speaker is interested).

The Chaos Communication Congress is an annual conference organized by the Chaos Computer Club. The congress features a variety of lectures and workshops on technical and political issues related to Security, Cryptography, Privacy and online Freedom of Speech. The event takes place regularly at the end of the year since 1984, with the current date and duration (December 27–30) established in 2005. It is considered one of the largest events of this kind, alongside the DEF CON in Las Vegas.

Last year, from Open Labs @Greta @giannisk and me were at 33c3 ( also @altinukshini ) and really had a blast! This year I will be going again and @rskikuli and @kominoshja most likely as well. Apart the costs of getting there, there are a few problems:

• Tickets are very hard to get. Last year we almost weren’t able to get a ticket (get the chance to buy the ticket I mean).
  • Tickets cost at least 100 EUR
  • Accommodation is very limited already right now, as attendees booked them already
  • The dates are not the most convenient for flights, and Leipzig hasn’t the best connections.

Having said that, with a voucher, you can buy a ticket until 15th October (100 EUR + 10 EUR fee). If you are planning to go and need a ticket (and you are able to buy the ticket right now) let me know, and I might be able to hook you up with one.

It would be great if we can arrange some Open Labs presence there, as CCC is the largest hacker conference in Europe (together with FOSDEM, it shouldn’t be missed) and you will definitely not regret going there. CCC is open more than 96h (it doesn’t close at night, so people can hang out and there are talks until 11pm) so it’s a very unique experience.

More info:

Anyone planning to go?

2 Likes

Notice @Members , deadline for Assemblies is 15th November:
https://events.ccc.de/congress/2017/wiki/index.php/Static:Assemblies

You can submit an assembly which is like anything between a booth and a track itself. It would make great sense for Open Labs to have an assembly, but I need to pass on any Open Labs related activities here as my time will be mostly put into the Mozilla and OONI assembly.

1 Like

thanks for sharing. Regarding the event it seems like it is a must go and a not to be missed experience.
Would be great to have an Open Labs assembly, but we need to see if there are enough people participating first. If you are planning to be there please let us know asap - this will help us take a decision on having an assembly or not. We need to move fast on this.

R.S

1 Like

hi, do you still have extra tickets?

Hi @tmdelarmente

No, only @rskikuli and me got a ticket. I was able to give out tickets in September but no one was interested. CCC preparations need to happen in September, max October since tickets and accommodations are very hard to find by now. You should try to get them on the last public sale however.

Hi @elioqoshi,
Thanks for the reply. I hope I get lucky on last public sale ( I already booked flight and hotel :frowning: )

Just be sure to be on the sale 10min earlier and be fast. Last year @giannisk and me made it in the last public sale. That was a bit of adrenaline rush hence I didn’t want to stress myself over that this year again.

1 Like

@tmdelarmente did you get a ticket? I have one left and can resell that if needed.

Anyone else if they still need a ticket, ping me.

@elioqoshi Hi I am looking for 2 tickets. Can you help me out?

I gave it to another Open Labs Member yesterday, sorry, it goes really fast. I thought you got your ticket since it was the last sale.

Hey guys,
I just wanted to let you know that @jonaazizaj and I will be going there as well.

Thanks,
Xheni

1 Like

I got a ticket aswell!

1 Like

I will be there also from 28th December. Great that you all managed to have a ticket.
Are you having an Open Labs booth? Would like to join for some time.

1 Like